Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ssb - question

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ssb - question
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:39:43 -0400

Unless you're building the IQ modulator with real signals for educational purposes, go with the flowgraph Ron mentioned. Multiplication by a complex sine is much easier. You can also use a Rotator or Frequency Xlating Filter to do similar things. The bandpass filter can be built in to the Xlating Filter.

On the additional peaks, the second highest one is about 50 dB lower than the desired one. From a real hardware point of view, it might as well not be there (same as 1mW vs 100W). If you use a bandpass filter, you can make it arbitrarily small, but filtering should be done based on requirements, not just to make a plot look nice.

- Jeff