Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] change frequency in gr-ieee802-15-4 example trans

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] change frequency in gr-ieee802-15-4 example transceiver_OQPSK.py
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:51:25 +0200

Hi Jaeho,

there's three blocks that use the "freq" variable from that WX GUI slider:

* the USRP source
* the USRP sink
* the FFT sink

The first two have an input message port; you can connect a message-emitting block to these, and send PMTs containing commands to these [1]. The WX FFT sink doesn't have such an input port, but frankly, that doesn't matter, because it only needs the center frequency to display it [2]

To test your case, try a "Message strobe" block, with the message set to something like

pmt.pmt_to_python.python_to_pmt({"freq":2.4e9})

Obviously, that will just periodically set the same frequency (2.4GHz) over and over again. However, as soon as you have verified that works, you can just write your own (python or C++) block that has no stream in- or outputs, but spawns a new thread that periodically sends a message out; see [1] for the syntax you'd need to use to add exact timing to the command dictionaries.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_uhd.html#uhd_command_syntax
[2] if that bothers you, replace all the WX things in your flow graph by Qt elements; you can enable message ports on these