Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio underrun when bad signal quality

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio underrun when bad signal quality
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:25:39 +0200

Hi Markus,

maybe just a CPU hiccup? You can try to reduce CPU load by removing the
decimating rational resampler, and integrate the decimation into the Low
Pass (it does the same thing, with one filter less).
By the way, there might be a slight mistake in your flow graph, as it is:
After the first rational resampler, your sampling rate is already 2MS/s
/ 4=500kS/s, but then you feed it to a Low Pass filter that you
calculate for 2MS/s; that means that in fact, you're cutting off all
signal above 25kHz instead of the 100kHz you specified. Probably even a
good thing, in your case :)
I love playing around with filters, so maybe it's something you want to
try later on, too: To optimize SNR, fire up gr_filter_design, and try to
build a filter that best selects your channel -- the only limit is your
CPU speed; at 2MS/s and with a decimation of 4, you can probably use a
lot more taps than your current filter has, so you can make the
transition between pass- and stopband much steeper.

Best regards,
Marcus