Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio underrun when bad signal quality

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio underrun when bad signal quality
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:56:26 +0200

Hi Markus,

nice to be hearing from you!

I'm making assumptions about your RX flow graph here:

osmocom source --> squelch of some sort --> FM demod/ AM demod of sorts
--> Audio sink

If the squelch is set to stop the flow of samples as long as there's not
enough signal, then downstream, the audio sink doesn't get any samples,
though it always needs the same amount of samples per second. Hence,
Underflows.

Hopefully, that explains the issues you're having; if not, please
explain your receiver in a little more detail,

Best regards,
Marcus