Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about burst communication

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about burst communication
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:05:29 -0700

On 24.09.2015 08:20, Washbourne, Logan wrote:
> My question is, do I need to treat a burst communication system
> different than a continuous system? My problem is that on each side I am
> getting O's whenever I start the program, I have tried increasing and
> decreasing the sampling rate, and I didn't see any change to the output.
>
> I am using the USRP1's, with the RFX2400 daughter boards.

Choice of USRP shouldn't matter. I haven't checked out your fg, but
here's a couple of facts: O's mean your receiving end isn't picking up
stuff fast enough. Also, your receiver needs to run continuously because
it doesn't know when packets are coming in. So yes, your bursty receiver
is no different from a continuous receiver in this respect.

Have you made sure you can sustain the receive rates on your machine?

Cheers,
Martin