Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Submitting OOT Module Questions

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Submitting OOT Module Questions
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:07:59 -0700

Ron's comment is very helpful, here's some more factoids:

On 23.09.2015 13:55, Richard Bell wrote:
> Sorry if these are obvious questions, but this is very not obvious to
> me. As I understand it right now, it's not even a question of copy and
> pasting files over to gr-analog, because that would overwrite the code
> for all the other blocks, at least when it comes to swig. So let me
> outline what I need to do and see how close I am to understanding this:
>
> 1) I can copy and paste the source code, the qa code and example files
> over to corresponding gr-analog directories
> 2) I have to make changes to existing swig files in gr-analog, which
> amounts to copying the various lines from my OOT swig into the gr-analog
> swig
> 3) I don't know if I should be copying CMakeFile stuff or touching any
> of that by hand. I need guidance here.

You can use gr_modtool inside in-tree components. Maybe that'll help you
show how to set up stuff. Otherwise, reading the CMake files should give
you all you need to know -- just follow how the other blocks are added.

> Am I supposed to build this and confirm its merged correctly before I
> submit a pull request?

Absolutely! I haven't checked your code, but I'm hoping it includes unit
tests? So, please make, make test, make install and see it works in GRC.
If you can provide example flowgraphs in gr-analog/examples, that'll be
great, too.

Cheers,
Martin