[Discuss-gnuradio] How to generate a constant rate source to unit-test m

From: M. Ranganathan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to generate a constant rate source to unit-test my Gnuradio flow graph.
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 11:45:35 -0400

Hello,

I put together a new block which I want to string together with other blocks to create a pipeline which I want to test. I want to unit test things out with a known stream of I/Q values from a simulated front end and check that the pipeline is working correctly.

I see a file descriptor source but I want to regulate the rate at which the I/Q samples are sent to my block (I want to mimic the way a USRP would work). So I am guessing that the right way to approach this is to set up a file descriptor source feeding into a throttle. Then take the output of the throttle and connect to the input of my test flow graph.

Is that the correct way to do this?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Ranga.

--