Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT - grid layout

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT - grid layout
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 13:13:46 +0200

Hi Przemek,

On 10/09/2015 08:46 PM, Przemek Lewandowski wrote:
> Ok,
> 2) my Mentor gave me a task, to verify is it possible to do something
> like GQRX software. This is hard way. He wants to know is it possible
> to create my own widget and put it into GnuRadio Companion and use
> like any others QT widgets.
Yes, it is :) But for something like GQRX, you wouldn't even need to
write your own QT sink -- just use the existing waterfall.

> 1) By "advanced"  QT layout I meant to say something like
> this: http://postimg.org/image/ce6geqpfn/  I made it as a small example.
> I cant find how to put QT widget in one horizontal line
> Or put Tab Pane inside Tab Pane.
> Or do grid layout like in WX ??
Basically, assuming you actually want to build a GUI application, you'd
approach it like this:
1. Using QtCreator to build the form like you just did
2. Use pyuic4 -s formfile.ui to create a standalone runnable Qt Python
application
3. Merge what python GRC generates for a signal processing flow graph
with that python, adding the PyQt Widget representations to the "blank"
spaces you left for e.g. your waterfall.

You can also just take the route of using the normal GNU Radio GUI hints
etc.; I don't have examples right at hand, but
/usr/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/demod/mpsk_demod.grc has a tab widget.

Best regards,
Marcus