[Discuss-gnuradio] Exposing enums defined in a separate include file

From: Kolya
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Exposing enums defined in a separate include file
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:29:20 -0700 (MST)

Hi,
I'm working on an OOT module with multiple blocks. All blocks share a common
include file (Link26_defines.h) for module wide defines and enum structures
(this is somewhat similar to the dvb_config.h in gr-dtv).
The compilation and installation of the module works fine. But when I try to
run the qa_ test or use the block in GRC I get the following error:
/AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DC1'/

DC1 is define as an enum in Link26_defines.h, an excerpt of this file is
below:
/namespace gr {
        namespace Link26 {
                enum data_class_t {
                        DC1 = 1,
                        DC2 = 2,
                };
        }
}
typedef gr::Link26::data_class_t data_class_t;
/

I tried to follow the  OOT module configuration guide
<http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OutOfTreeModulesConfig>
and added the include file to the CMakeLists.txt (install public header file
section) in include/Link26/CMakeLists.txt

I also added it to the swig file Link26_swig.i.

When I run python, import Link26 and look at the defined names in the
library with /dir(Link26)/ I don't see "DC1" and "DC2" listed. When I try
the same with GNURadio's DTV block via /dir(dtv)/ I see all the defines from
dvb_config.h though.

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Kolya