Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mouse/keyboard events not working raspberry pi 2

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mouse/keyboard events not working raspberry pi 2
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:23:23 -0400

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Patrick Sathyanathan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I managed to build gnuradio from source using pybombs on a raspberry pi 2 machine running raspbian. It took many tries and the build itself took a day and only worked after increasing the swapfile size to 2GB.

I am able to run osmocom_fft at 2.4Msps sample rate with an rtl-sdr dongle plugged in. However, the window does not respond to keyboard or mouse interactions. I unable to change the frequency in the text box. Nor can I move the slider. I have verified that gnuradio-companion works fine and accepts mouse/keyboard inputs. However, flowgraphs generated using GRC do not accept mouse/keyboard.

Any idea what the problem could be ? If I switch to other windows when osmocom_fft is running the keyboard/mouse work just fine. I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard that share a single usb dongle.

Thanks for any help,

--Patrick

It's quite possible that you are just overloading the rpi2's processor. What if you take the sample rate down to 250 ksps?

Tom