[Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs / GNURadio install question

From: Rahaim, Michael Brandon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs / GNURadio install question
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 18:20:48 +0000

Hey folks,

I was able to setup gnuradio last month via pybombs by cloning the pybombs repo, installing to a target folder, etc.; but I'm trying to install on a different PC now and it seems like quite a bit has changed in the past few weeks. I'm going through the quickstart and I'm running into trouble with pip. Hoping someone can give me a direction here:

- When installing pybombs, I got an error "could not find a version that satisfies the requirement plex", but I was able to get around that by running "pip install --pre plex"

- Now I'm stuck on the gnuradio installation. I added the recipes and created the prefix (gnuradio_mike) to a local directory as indicated in the PyBOMBS readme; but when I install with the command "pybombs -p gnuradio_mike install gnuradio gr-osmosdr" I get the following errors:

ERROR - Could not run pip list. Hm.
ERROR - Command '['pip', 'list']' returned non-zero exit status 2

Any suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks in advance!

-Mike