[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradios place in the state of the art of SDR

From: Mabel Pita
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradios place in the state of the art of SDR
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 17:48:29 -0300

Hello,

I am just starting to get into the world of SDRs, and i have been looking for information about SDRs state of the art, and this is when i found GNURadio and SDRsharp as the top contenders.
I know that i am writing to the gnuradio mailing list so i wont talk about its competitors, but can someone tell me in an objective way whether gnuradio is considered state of the art in the matter of sdrs?

Are there any books / sites that treat this subject in a thorough manner? I am doing this for a course at my college and it requires as a first step to get a good knowledge of the state of the art in sdrs.

Thanks in advance.