Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradios place in the state of the art of SDR

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradios place in the state of the art of SDR
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 22:19:22 +0100

Hi Mabel,

SDRsharp and GNU Radio are fundamentally different. SDRsharp is a single-purpose application for reception of a single class of signals.
GNU Radio is a framework for developing SDR and other DSP applications. You should really read our intro to GNU Radio to get a feeling for things [1]!

Of course, you're asking the GNU Radio people whether GNU Radio is state of the art. It is[0]; the question is just: for what?

Can you narrow down your question a bit?

Best regards,
Marcus

[0] https://scholar.google.de/scholar?hl=de&q=%22GNU+Radio%22&btnG=&lr=
[1] https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorial_Introduction