[Discuss-gnuradio] Subject: Re: Expresscard

From: Nathan Dehnel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Subject: Re: Expresscard
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 00:38:47 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
>From: "Marcus Müller" <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 22:24:27 +0100
>Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Expresscard
>What kind of hardware are you referring to?

>Generally, the Ettus USRP X3x0 can be connected via a special external PCIe cable through an expresscard adapter, but that's kind of a costly thing if you don't need that much bandwidth.

>Also, Expresscard carries USB lines, too, and there's many USB software defined radio devices, from Ettus and other suppliers.

>Can you try to specify your requirements?

>Best regards,
>Marcus

>On 02/22/2016 10:22 PM, Nathan Dehnel wrote:

>Is there any GNURadio-compatible hardware that fits in an expresscard/54 slot?

I'm just getting into this, so I'm sorry if I don't know much, but I was just looking for some sort of SDR equipment to experiment with that I could put in a laptop expresscard slot and forget about. Something that could be carried around in the laptop. I've been reading about RTL-SDR, so something with similar capabilities to that would be nice, or if something better exists, that would be fine too, as long as it's not thousands of dollars or something.