[Discuss-gnuradio] Power Line Communications - GNURadio

From: Paul Creaser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Power Line Communications - GNURadio
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 02:49:15 -0700 (MST)

I've just been placed in charge of project involving PLC (Narrowband Power
line communication over DC in this case- See wiki
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRIME_(PLC)), in particular PRIME.
Unfortunately I know very little about the technology. Anyway I have
download various documentation and I am developing a rudimentary
understanding of OFDM, QAM, D8PSK etc...

GnuRadio is useful because there seems to be many useful examples. As an
engineer being able to carry out simulations and see the input and outputs
on simulated scopes is great for the learning process. If anyone has
recommendations with regards PLC related GNURadio projects, I would most
appreciate it.

As a beginner I am struggling with some basic concepts. The concept of the
symbol. To me is indication of the amount of data that can be transmitted. A
symbol may represent n bits of data, in the case of D8PSK that would be 3
bits of data? An OFDM symbol is....etc...etc...

Anyway I will continue to study, but if anyone has any good references for
study, that would be great!