Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on ODroid C2 running CentOS 7 report.

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on ODroid C2 running CentOS 7 report.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:38:36 -0400

On 04/28/2016 02:56 PM, address@hidden wrote:

I use all of my Odroids that run GR in a "headless" mode--I find no reason to do flow-graph development on the device itself, and processing flowgraphs in radio astronomy just don't really need a graphical component to be running on the Odroid.

While I am using these at a radio observatory, I am not using these as radiometer in the research sense. I'm building up a public-facing interface that will answer two of our most common questions:
1.) What is that dish looking at (even if there's no observation going on)?
2.) What is the signal that just overwhelmed the research-grade backend? For this I need something akin to a spectrum analyzer, and while we have those available I want a simple tunable frontend where the engineers on site can have a quick look at the spectrum, tuning around and watching live data in real-time (and listening to it, even). ShinySDR does this; your own multimode.py also does this, and this is the reason the C2's will be inline each each and every RF chain on site. An 'RFI Sniffer' box permanently installed into the RF chain.