Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on ODroid C2 running CentOS 7 report.

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on ODroid C2 running CentOS 7 report.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:38:30 -0400

On 04/28/2016 01:28 PM, Marcus Müller wrote:
Do you *really* want to use GRC on the C2? Doesn't make much sense – a
flow graph designed on a normal PC works identically on your C2 (iff all
the blocks are there, too).
I'm doing the 'whole enchilada' for my own educational purposes. The production units might have a GUI and they might not, depending upon location. All production units will have a web interface (I'm evaluating ShinySDR and OpenWebRX as a starting point for our own development, but I would love suggestions on a good web interface).

The Beaglebone Black is capable of the full GUI (gqrx); the C2 should be as well (we have a BBB doing some meteor scatter measurements for a public-facing display). And FWIW Ubuntu 16.04 has all the packages; I prefer CentOS 7 since our other servers run it, and the same staff need to admin these as admins the other servers on sight. But I can always punt and load Ubuntu 16.04 and I already know GRC works there.

I will be interfacing both to USRP1's and to RTL-SDR dongles with the C2's, and yes it would be educational to run the full setup on the C2 itself.

So, yes, as a proof of concept if nothing else I do want to attempt GRC directly on the C2; I'm at a .edu and that is part of our mission.