Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Broadcast Receiver Audio Synchronization ( Delay

From: Fons Adriaensen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Broadcast Receiver Audio Synchronization ( Delay locked loop for the two-clock problem)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 14:56:16 +0000

On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 02:17:17PM +0100, Marcus Müller wrote:

> So the main technical problem that we have is that whilst this DLL (I'd
> just call it a buffer-fillage control loop) is conceptually nice to
> understand, no-one has implemented it within GNU Radio – if you found
> yourself able to write it for ALSA (not much sense writing it for the
> Jack sink, if Jack can already do it internally), we shall surely find a
> way to "upstream" this and help you with code review!

There seems to be some misunderstanding: Jack by itself does *not* do
any resampling, it just provides one of the DLLs. There are programs
which do this: one (zita-ajbridge) which allows to add additional
soundcards to Jack, and another (zita-njbridge) which transmits
audio over the network with resampling at the receiving end.

I there is interest I'm willing to implement this for GR, but
then the Jack interface itself needs to be fixed. Currently AFAIK
it only works with one channel.

Ciao,

--
FA