[Discuss-gnuradio] Profiling Gnuradio message based blocks

From: Emanuel.Staudinger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Profiling Gnuradio message based blocks
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 08:13:35 +0000

Hi all,

I managed to get Apache thrift up and running and configured by environment to use the control port and performance counters. gr-perf-monitorx works fine and shows me my flowgraph as intended.

My flowgraph consists of several streaming based blocks and many purely message based blocks (message in / message out) between a USRP source and a USRP sink.

My question now is: are purely message based blocks without a work function correctly profiled as well?

I see my  message blocks appearing in the gr-perf-monitorx visualizer with a box around, where the box size indicates the runtime usage. However when I switch the view to the runtime table and have a look there, I do not see my purely message based blocks in the table. Only those blocks which have at least one streaming interface are visible there. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and thanks to Thomas Rondau et. al. for this kind of profiling functionality. A very convenient tool indeed.

Regards,

Emanuel