[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_spectrum_sense.py input parameters in USRP B200

From: Soumaya el barrak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_spectrum_sense.py input parameters in USRP B200
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:40:10 +0100

Dear all,

I am working with USRP B200 for spectrum sensing, I want to scan the band from 2.4 to 2.5 Ghz, I use fft size 256, and sample_rate 4M, and tune _delay 0,001s. I am not sure if the parameters are correctely chosen because when I try to scan another band without wireless activities, I still receive hight power levels. Can anyone has any idea about where I am mistaken ?

Also, in the formula used to calculate the PSD :

 Power_dB = 10*math.log10(m.data[i_bin]/tb.usrp_rate);

Normally it is the magnitude squared averaged , I want to know why it is averaged by the usrp_rate ?

Thank you in advance !

Soumaya

--

EL BARRAK Soumaya

Telecommunication & Networking Engineer / Phd Student

Innovative Technologies Laboratory

National School of Applied Sciences of Tangier - (ENSA Tanger)

Abdelmalek Essaâdi University -  Morocco

Tel : (+212) 6 65 9 625 40/ (+ 39) 327 198 5064