Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Radio Astronomy GSoC 2017 group possible?

From: Glen I Langston
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Radio Astronomy GSoC 2017 group possible?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 09:22:16 -0500

Hi Marcus,

Thanks again for pointing me at your spectro_radiometer.grc, a very amazing
creation.

(https://github.com/ccera-astro)

Your example is a valuable in showing the many different ways GNURadio blocks
can be connected
by named Variables and Parameters.

It appears that much of the magic is in the use of your Variable called
“fft_log_status”,
which enables a complex call to your spectro_helper.py code, passing all your
sampled
vectors.

One question: Does this scheme create a separate thread that does the writing
of the
sampled data (or does this run under thread doing other functions)?

It seems that my humble goal of writing Astronomical format FITS files could be
achieved
by writing code that performs a similar function to fft_log_status.

Best regards,

Glen