Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SNR of ADC

From: Fernando Peral
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SNR of ADC
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 16:05:12 +0100

I think that since  in the scenario you are describing there is all virtual there is no ADC but the round aproximation from the cos(t) function to a fixed number of bits used to represent the number with a float the computer is using, so the noise you can see in the FFT is the is indeed a quantization error altough not related to any ADC.
If you hace more blocks like an adder, a multiply, etc. The noise will be the result of all the mathematical operations involved in the process using finite bits.

regards