Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SNR of ADC

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SNR of ADC
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 16:44:23 +0100

There's no ADC involved! This is DSP! I can't really pinpoint it, but you have some misconception about what GNU Radio is. It's software. An ADC is a piece of hardware.

That's simply the floating point quantization error, numerical stability of the FFT, the absolute value and the averaging operation, as well as the effect of finite observation.

Best regards,

Marcus