Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee 802.11 transceiver, Trouble with the rece

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee 802.11 transceiver, Trouble with the received packets
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:26:06 +0200

Hi,

please keep the conversation on the list.

On 03/29/2017 05:43 AM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
> It is very bad. I was trying and trying these days and i can't receive
> all the samples. What do you think, is a enough processor frequency so i
> can get the samples?. In this moment i have a core I5-6200U and 12Gb RAM.
>
> I'm very worried about it, because i did a lot of proofs, even an
> overclocking and it didn't work. Then i think i'll have to get other
> processor.

I doubt that CPU performance is your actual problem. I would recommend
to make sure that frame detection is working. You might just have a DC
offset and the receiver triggers frame detection all the time. This
would overload any PC.

If everything works as it is supposed to and the PC is really to slow,
see for some tips here:
https://www.wime-project.net/installation/

If you ran volk_profile and really nothing works, only then I would try
another PC.

Best,
Bastian