Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee 802.11 and commercial AP (late ACK packet

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee 802.11 and commercial AP (late ACK packets)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:21:20 +0200

From a CPU and thus, SDR _software_ throughput, point of view, the E310 certainly isn't more powerful than a modern laptop + B2xx; latency might be a bit shorter, though, but in the end, you're making the most important point here:

If you need to eradicate the nondeterministic behaviour of general purpose operating systems running on general purpose computing hardware (such as Linux or Windows on a PC or the Zynq's ARM), you can only do two things:

1. Have enough leeway for timing, so that you're *always* faster than you need to be, or

2. doing the timing-sensitive stuff directly on dedicated realtime environments, which in this case means the FPGA.

Cheers,

Marcus