Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSOC 2018] Ideas please!

From: Federico 'Larroca' La Rocca
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSOC 2018] Ideas please!
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:49:49 -0300

Hi,
Just a quick comment on our status regarding the transmitter for ISDB-T. This semester (i.e. beginning last August) a group of students have started developing it as an end-of-career project (here in Uruguay, the electrical engineering degree ends with a one-year project) under my tutoring.
Regarding timing, we should get something that is usable by the beginning of next year (by then, I should also have more free time and be able to get more involved in the project). I'm not sure when GSoC begins, or how to articulate it with the undergrads project, but we'll be glad to receive feedback and/or help.
As with gr-isdbt, we will publish the code under GPLv3. Our long-term objective is to donate the complete project to make it part of gr-dtv.
In any case, I'm really glad there are so many people interested in the project.
best
Federico

Hi Rafael,

nice idea! Would you be willing to mentor it?

I just checked the Github Repo for gr-idsb (https://github.com/git-artes/gr-isdbt) and in their README.md it says, they are working on the transmitter. Are you in contact with the author and can you say if this is still actively being pursued? If it is, this might actually already be done by the time GSoC starts.

Cheers,
Felix