[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC18] Student application period starting soon!

From: Felix Wunsch
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC18] Student application period starting soon!
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 18:52:38 +0100

Hi all,

the student application period for Google Summer of Code starts soon (March 12) and I want to use the opportunity to emphasize that interested students should not wait until the application period starts to get in touch with us! Talk to us, tell us your ideas and let us help you write a great proposal!

Do not miss this amazing opportunity to learn, contribute, and earn a nice amount of money while surely having a lot of fun!

Please also spread the word about this if you're not a student yourself, e.g., by forwarding this email! Maybe you even work at a university where you are in contact with students interested in DSP and SDR? For reference, all the important pointers can be found at the end of this email.

Cheers,
Felix (GSoC Org Admin 2018)

Some information to get started:

The project ideas list (feel free to introduce your own!): https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GSoCIdeas

Some info about what we offer, what we expect from students, and how the application works:

https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GSoCStudentInfo

and

https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GSoCManifest

The GSoC 2018 timeline: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline