Re: Nuke libgmodel? (No!)

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: Nuke libgmodel? (No!)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:02:26 +0100

Georg Fleischmann <georg@vhf.de> wrote (Mon,  5 Feb 2001 18:46:36 +0100):
<snip>
> Especially Free Software people should value most of these advantages.
>
> All the problems of nib2gmodel, are results of the binary nib files on
> OpenStep and MacOSX.
> Gorm files are binary as well, and this is a BIG BIG minus :-(

I do not think anyone wants to remove gmodel files - just outsource them from
the GNUstep gui package!

> How about using the gmodel format in Gorm ?

It would be nice to have a plugin architecture in Gorm which would allow
different formats. Personally I'd favour XML, since this will be the format for
future IB.app versions, too (the recent one already uses XML for carbon stuff).

cheers, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert | http://www.nice.ch/~phip/