Re: AppIcon patch revisited

From: Frederic Stark
Subject: Re: AppIcon patch revisited
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:28:39 +0100

> > btw, why is appicon movement needed under program control (not user
> > control)?
>
> Under OpenStep, they are the same thing ... the user clicks on the
appicon
> and drags ... the program decides how the appicon should react to
that ...
> and usually moves the appicon to follow the mouse ... but has the
right to
> do something different if it wants to.

Uh ? I don't think so (unless I did not understood what you meant).

In NeXTstep/OPENSTEP, the application don't get the mouseDown on its
tile/appicon. The dock get it. IIRC, Fiend and some other apps
hacked around by puttin its own window on top of the Dock controlled
tile. You can discover that by moving the dock with the
NeXT/workspace icon while such an applicatiton is docked.

Cheers,

--fred