Re: "toll-free bridging"

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: "toll-free bridging"
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:55:16 +0000 (GMT)

> Can GNUStep use Apple's "Core Foundation"?

No - and as far as I know there are no plans about it - whatever you mean
by `using'.

If you want to write code which is (or `potentially will be') portable
between apple cocoa and gnustep, don't use any `Core Foundation', because
that is *not* portable and I don't think it will *ever* be.

Objective-C code using only the openstep API is (or potentially is/will
be) portable between apple cocoa and gnustep - that's what we try to
support.