Re: libgstep_guile.so.1 in wrong location?

From: Steve Núñez
Subject: Re: libgstep_guile.so.1 in wrong location?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:18:11 +0000

At 12:53 PM 4/11/01 +0100, Nicola Pero wrote:

> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `internal-tool-all'.
> shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps/go -c '(load "test.scm")'
> shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps/go: error while loading
> shared libraries:
> libgstep_guile.so.1: cannot load shared object file: No such file or
> directory

Spt - the question I don't want to ask but can't avoid - are you sure you
run the GNUstep.sh script ...

Yes, yes, yes! This is the first thing that I did (twice) after installing gstep-make. I then proceeded to install the other components, until I got to the problem I mentioned above.

[snip]

> In the latter case, it would be nice if the GNUstep.sh
> script was updated to reflect this as new libraries are installed in
> different locations?

The GNUstep.sh script should already add both
/opt/GNUStep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps/
and
/opt/GNUStep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/
to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

This, I suspect, may be where the problem lies. Perhaps I need to load this file after installing each piece of the system.

        - Steve