GUI Bindings and AppKit bundles

From: Joe Graham
Subject: GUI Bindings and AppKit bundles
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:35:48 -0600

I wanted to hack some Obj-c bindings into fox lib.
<http://foxgui.sourceforge.net>  This is quickly becoming one of the most
popular native GUI libraries for languages like Ruby and Python.  Anyway, it
is my understanding from OSX documentation and GNUstep docs that AppKit uses
bundles to store it's UI resources. I also wanted to hack these bindings on
win32.
So the question is, is there a "clean" way to bind to an arbitrary UI
library and "preserve" the UI Application distribution strategy?  Or would
it be better to just "derive" some arbitrary classes that represent the
Foxlib equivalents and leave it as such?  If one were to try and conform to
the AppKit model, where is the documentation on it and where is a good place
to start?

thanks
-joe