Redhat gdb 5.0rh-5 Redhat Linux 7.1 Objc patch

From: Gerrit Van Dyk
Subject: Redhat gdb 5.0rh-5 Redhat Linux 7.1 Objc patch
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:11:45 +0200

For all those interested here is a patch file for redhat 7.1's gdb.

Get the source rpm from redhat and then in the gdb+dejagnu-20010316
directory execute the following command

patch -b -p1 -i ../gdb+dejagnu-20010316-objc-unoff.20010910.patch

This patch was derived from the gdb-5.0-objc-unoff.20010211.patch file.

Sofar for me it works except that I don't seem to be able to set a
breakpoint before the program starts, once the program is up and running
setting breakpoints works like it should. I don't know if it is a problem
with gdb itself, as I could'nt even set a breakpoint on the function "main"
within a .m file, without the patches applied. Maybe somebody else has the
same problem with the version 5.0 debugger and might be able to help in that
regard.

 <<gdb+dejagnu-20010316-objc-unoff.20010910.patch>>

Regards
Gerrit van Dyk

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged,
proprietary to the company and protected by law. If you are not the intended
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.