Announce: GWorkspace-0.2

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Announce: GWorkspace-0.2
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:06:38 +0300 (EEST)

GWorkspace 0.2

Full localization support.

Actually, there are Localizable.strings files for English, German, Italian
and Romanian languages.

English:
I hope that now, somebody English speaking, wants to correct all the
stuff; actually, many parts suffer the consequences of *my* English ;-)
This is very easy, and can be done also by a not programmer; ex:

edit Localizable.strings in the English.lproj folder and take a entry as:

"You have not write permission\nfor" = "You have not write
permission\nfor";

change the second part and send me the patch.

German:
About good; only some problems deriving from the length of the strings.
This will be fixed.

Italian:
About good, I think. Needs more work but, in this case, this is not a
problem...

Romanian:
Theoretically working. Here the problem is that I was no able to convince
GNustep to use the ISO8859-2 Helvetica font. So it is untested.

Other new things in this release, except the usual bug fixing (many bugs
found!) ;-)

The File, Edit and View menues are now active only if a viewer window is
the key window.

The Inspectors, Finder, Preferences and Processes windows are now some
NSPanel. This means that, when GWorkspace is not the frontmost app, they
are not visible.

I've started a revision of all the code, for the purpose of optimizing it
(I've taken a C course, this summer ;-)). This will take some months but
will give a very stable GWorkspace.
Actually, some work has been already done on the inspectors, the
backgrounder tool and the file-system watchers.

I'm working also at a undo system for all the destructive file operations;
but this will take some time...

Enrico

GWorkspace is at:
www.gnustep.it/enrico/gworkspace