Re: dnd problem

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: dnd problem
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:46:30 +0200

Hi Luis,

of course drag and drop should work in Gorm just the same as in any
other GNUstep application. Your problem is rather that D&D wont work in
an GNUstep program. This may be caused by a window manager putting in
more windows into the hierarchy than GNUstep expects (Which is just one
window used by the wm on top of the GNUstep window). Richard and I are
currently discussing this problem and I have a working solution for the
KDE2 window manager. There are still open issues with that solution, but
if you are interessted...
If you are using any other window manager I would like to get some more
information on that, as KDE2 is the only one causing me to have D&D
problems.

Fred