Re: MiscKit Licence

From: Stefan Boehringer
Subject: Re: MiscKit Licence
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 21:19:16 +0200

Hello,

as of today the Misckit license is quite a bit strange as compared to other popular open source licences. It is probably best compared with the BSD licence. The strange thing is about documentation: only the author may distribute *printed* documentation, which - I guess - was to retain some symbolic right to the author.
The misckit is totally outdated. The last mailing on the mailing list is over one year back and regular postings have ceased for 3 years or so. Code could be included as is (retain copyright notices...) since the licence is not "contaminating". Feel free to contact individual authors since the misckit community used to be very cooperative.

Best wishes,

Stefan