DGSNX

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: DGSNX
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:38:27 +0900

I've rewritten DGS again. New version is based on Free DPS/X.
What I've done is just adding virtual XFree86 layer and network
related code to Free DPS/X. And I named the new version DGSNX.

You can get the source code of development version from:
See http://cvs.gyve.org/. Module name is dgsnx.

The advantage of dgsnx against the old dgs is "deadlock free" that is
one of the serious problems in old dgs.  Also dgsnx has the same
problem as Free DPS/X: The global GC is not worked. dgsnx.agent is an
standalone process. Therefore it is much easier than Free DPS/X to try
and debug.

There are two serious dgsnx own bugs:

0. Small font rendering is always failed. Some of methods in
   DPS device are not implemented yet.

1. The prompt of dpsexec is not shown.
   %statmentedit% is broken.

After fixing above two bugs, I'll put dgsnx-x.y.z..tar.gz to a ftp site.

I think I have to write more here especially about the license.
It is important if one wants to join dgsnx development.
But I have no time to write it now. I'll write it if new developer
appears:)

I'm staying at #dps of irc.openprojects.net. Talk to me.
My nick might be jet.

Masatake YAMATO