ANN: GNUMail.app 0.8.0pre1 / Pantomime 0.5.0

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail.app 0.8.0pre1 / Pantomime 0.5.0
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:45:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm glad to announce the release of GNUMail.app 0.8.0pre1 and Pantomime
0.5.0.

Event if it is a prerelease, I recommend it over any previous release.

Here's a list of changes for GNUMail.app 0.8.0pre1:

- support for all images type while displaying attachements
  (not only tiffs but all format supported by libwraster)
- new /etc/mailcap parser for the mime-type manager. Thanks to
  Vincent Ricard for that
- lots of bug fixes and lots of memory leaks fixed
- Fixed the bug "Could not open LocalStore" for new GNUMail.app users
- moved to a MVC design everywhere (except in one class)

Here's a list of changes for Pantomime 0.5.0:

- better IMAP support
- MAJOR speed improvements
- all memory leaks have been fixed
- bug fixes

You can get GNUMail.app here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail/

and Pantomime here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime/

This release of GNUMail.app / Pantomime should be very stable and perform
quite well.

Note that you NEED a copy of GNUstep's CVS of today (Oct 11, 2001) in
order to get everything work properly (and avoid memory leaks).

Here's a list of what I'm gonna concentrate on for GNUMail.app 0.8.0pre2:

- GPG (PGP) support. I need help here.
- Move to using nibs instead of UI 'hard-coding'. I need help here.
- of course, more features and more!

Pantomime 0.6.0 will feature:

- complete MIME support. Currently, multipart/alternative of
  message/rfc822 contained in a multipart/mixed aren't supported.
- better IMAP support
- more speedups for LocalFolder/LocalMessage

I really hope you enjoy this release. I worked hard on it :-)

Your feedback / comments / bug reports / patches / beer are always
welcome!

Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.