Re: Problem with my first app

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with my first app
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:25:40 +0100

On Sunday, October 14, 2001, at 04:05 PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 14:34:48 -0400
PERON Stéphane <speron@telys.com> wrote:

Ok, ok ... I have made a mistake (amaising that the compilator does not
say the include file "Fondation.h" does't not exist like it would have done in pure C ..well, I think so :) )

Well I have corrected the code which is below and I always meet a
problem at compilation :

#include <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#include <AppKit/AppKit.h>

2 minor issues:

- AppKit.h already includes Foundation.h
- ObjC headers should be #imported, not #included

Actually the second point is a matter of taste ...
use of #import is in fact deprecated by the compiler.
The rationale I read for it being deprecated is that the
use of protective #ifndef and #defines in the headers is
preferred because it makes the way the header is meant to
be used explicit.