Re: Serious problems with writing @

From: Georg Fleischmann
Subject: Re: Serious problems with writing @
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:35:14 +0100

> Which snapshots ? I have just downloaded GNUSTEP from cvs Server and I
> always have the problem ! ;-)

The problem has been solved some weeks ago for keyboards mapping the
Mode-Switch instead of Right Alternate.
Maybe you are having still a different keyboard mapping?
You can check this in the symbol tables of the keyboards, likely located in
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/NAME (NAME is the keyboard/language you use), and search
for the value assigned to RALT. The values Alt_R and Mode_switch are supported
by GNUstep.

> Yes, I have downloaded it and I don't know if it is really what I need.
> The problem comes from the key "alt right" which display "*". How could
> I avoiding this issue with KeyPrefs.app ?

The KeyPrefs.app can be used to assign a key as right Alternate (I haven't
tried it myself, though). This would tell GNUstep to use any key you like as
modifier key, instead of displaying a character.

Georg