Re: GNUstep for Darwin

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep for Darwin
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:41:08 -0700

Aurelien wrote:

You must already know that projects are under way to port existing FSF software to Darwin, the open Mach/BSD OS from Apple. These are two I know of:

http://gnu-darwin.sourceforge.net/
http://fink.sourceforge.net/

I didn't see GNUstep mentioned on these sites, although I'd think it would obviously be an ideal match.

GNUstep is close to being ported. Right now there is an odd bug in Darwin GCC that causes the compiler to apparently output Altivec instructions for some GCC __builtin functions even on machines that don't have Altivec

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
fedor@doc.com  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it