Re: beginner questions

From: Jonathan B. Leffert
Subject: Re: beginner questions
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:05:44 -0800

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 04:47:08PM +0100, Dirk Lattermann wrote:

> Thanks, that clarifies much.  But when exactly is the default autorelease
> pool cleared?  From my observations I deduct that it must be once in
> every iteration of the main run loop (because an autoreleased object
> became invalid when the next event was processed).  Is this right?

The default autorelease pool is created at the beginning of the run loop,
before any of your code is executed and the pool is popped and released at
the end of the run loop after all your code is executed.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan B. Leffert <jonathan@leffert.net> | "So now, less than five
years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and