GNUMail.app / Pantomime status

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: GNUMail.app / Pantomime status
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:24:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm planning to release GNUMail.app 1.0.0 / Pantomime 1.0.2
real soon. Here's what changed since my last post (march 5th)

For GNUMail.app:

- Brand new Mailbox Manager. It now uses the NSOutlineView ;
- Brand new Preferences panel. It's now small and more elegant ;
- Now possible to specify which table header you want to see
  in the MailWindow (Status/Id/Date/From/Subject/Size) ;
- We now keep the splitview position in MailWindow and we restore
  it on GNUMail.app's startup ;
- We now restore the sorting order on GNUMail.app's startup ;
- Show RAW Source works again ;
- Addresses/Groups are now sorted in the Address Book ;
- It's now possible to specify which mailboxes you want
  GNUMail.app to automatically open on startup. So, it's
  now possible to have an IMAP folder as the default mailbox ;
- We now scale the attachments (images) so that they always fit
  in the text view.

You can see a screenshot here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail/GNUMail-1.0.0.gif

It shows the new Preferences panel, the scaling of images in
the text view and also the new Mailbox Manager.

For Pantomime:

- Support for SMTP AUTH (LOGIN/PLAIN/CRAM-MD5) ;
- Now possible to delete messages from a POP3 server after
  X days (configurable in GNUMail.app) ;
- We no longer include the mail signature when rebuilding a
  message used for a reply ;
- Non-blocking I/O for send/receive ops ;
- Added POP3/IMAP/Local URL scheme support (not yet finished) ;
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.

Everything is on the CVS of GNUMail.app / Pantomime. Both projects
need a recent CVS version of GNUstep.

The Mac OS X port is up-to-date for Pantomime but not for GNUMail.app.

Since the 1.0.0 release is approaching, it would be nice if people
could try the CVS version of both projects and give me feedback.

Also, I would be glad to receive comments, patches or even feature
requests that I could include for the 1.0.0 release.

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.