Re: New to GNUmake

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: New to GNUmake
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 13:45:31 +0200

Am Freitag den, 5. April 2002, um 21:53, schrieb Pierre Vaudrey:

Is help for beginners offtopics on this list ?

Beginners are welcome.

I'm new to GNUmake and I would like to build CodeEditor from http://www.gnustep.net/software_developer.html
on  Mac OS X 10.1.3
I guess I need first to install gnustep-make-1.3.0

This depends on wether you want to use GNUstep or Cocoa. As both are source code compatible CodeEditor should compile on both. Of course, you might have to fix the Makefile to link against the right Frameworks/Libraries. Didn't try it myself.

An example how to build GNUstep on Darwin/OS X:

4) Install GNUstep make:

    # get/update sources
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnustep co make
    # configure, compile, install
    export CC="gcc -no-cpp-precomp" # In case you're using gcc3
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/global/GNUstep --with-library-
combo=nx-gnu-gnu
    make
    sudo make install
    make distclean

5) Install GNUstep base:

    . /usr/global/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
    ./configure

    make
    sudo make install
    make distclean

Please note, the port to OS X/Darwin isn't yet complete.

Have fun,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/