Re: New to GNUmake

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: New to GNUmake
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:57:09 +0200

>I'm new to GNUmake and I would like to build CodeEditor from
>http://www.gnustep.net/software_developer.html
>on  Mac OS X 10.1.3
>I guess I need first to install gnustep-make-1.3.0
>Is help for beginners offtopics on this list ?

If you wan't to use it with Cocoa, you need to port it (should be not that
complicated, mostly only a few fixes are needed). In that case you would
use Apples Project Builder, so there is no need for GNUstep-make. A good
example for such a "hybrid" GNUstep/Cocoa App is Affiche
(http://www.collaboration-world.com/affiche/).

If you want to use it with GNUstep (which is currently ported to Darwin)
you'll need GNUstep-make indeed. But don't set your hopes to high on this,
although there was some progress on this lately, this port is still far
from being complete.

>Pierre Vaudrey
>email pierre.vaudrey@wanadoo.fr

greetings, Lars