Re: Bundle installation

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: Bundle installation
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:39:57 -0400

"Chris B. Vetter" wrote:

> quick question about bundle installation paths:
>
> If you were to write a bundle and want to make it available for several
> applications, what would be the appropriate place to put _header_ files
> during the bundle's installation?
>
> I guess, .../Library/Bundles/bundlename/Headers would not ...

hrmm. Wouldn't it be better to use a framework for this? Frameworks are
bundles too.

It *should* be a SMOP for -make to transform a "xxx_FRAMEWORKS" to a group of
-I{s,n,l}/Library/Frameworks/FRAMEWORK.framework/Headers (instead of
symlinking it into the main Headers directory).

Separately, xxx_FRAMEWORKS_LINKED should probably transform into
-L{s,n,l}/Library/Frameworks/FRAMEWORK.framework/Versions/Current -lFRAMEWORK
instead of the install symlinking into [whatever]/Libraries

Even on *step, frameworks weren't relocatable if they were linked into an
executable.