Re: Bundle installation

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Bundle installation
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 00:22:07 +0200

On Mittwoch, April 17, 2002, at 11:55  Uhr, Chris B.Vetter wrote:
Simply adding
zzz_HEADER_FILES = yyy.h
to your GNUmakefile should do it.

I tried that and it didn't work. The header file(s) were not even touched,
that's why I asked.

Maybe you don't have Nicola's new make yet ? I guess that gstep-make >= 1.3.0 does support headers for any project type (because so much can be shared between makefiles :-) ?

Anyway, the problem with headers and bundles is, that headers are almost always used to export symbols (usually ObjC classes, but also global variables) and bundles are not explicitly linked. Because of that it is very likely that binaries importing those headers break because of unresolvable references. (this is less a problem with GNU runtime, but more with NeXT/Apple runtime because the GNU runtime links ObjC classes using a global hashtable and constructor functions, not using link references like the NeXT runtime AFAIK does [IMHO this is a GNU runtime bug with some performance implications ...]).

Greetings
  Helge