Re: Using GNUstep Categories in Cocoa

From: e.sammer
Subject: Re: Using GNUstep Categories in Cocoa
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:55:52 -0400

Marcus Müller wrote:

> I've probably
not found the right words to explain this problem correctly, but anyone coming from OS X and wanting to port GNUstep apps to OS X will sooner or later realize what I'm trying to explain. Anyhow I welcome anybody willing to join in the porting to download and review what I've done already at http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/~znek/GNUstep/.

for the record, i've run into this myself. i was porting an app from linux (objc w/ GNUstep) to mac os x and quickly remembered that there's no GSXMLParser on mac os x. :)

i later went back and ported the classes found in GSXML.h to mac os x (after making sure libxml2 worked) as best as possible, but never maintained the changes. due to major advancements in the GS source, it would almost definately have to be done again from scratch. in any event, i ran into a number of issues when porting code that required header hacking. again, this was purely informational. :)

--
e.sammer <eric@linuxstep.org>
http://www.linuxstep.org