Re: Using GNUstep Categories in Cocoa

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Using GNUstep Categories in Cocoa
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:32:56 +0200

On Monday, April 22, 2002, at 07:15 AM, Edwin Zacharias wrote:

I noticed that GNUstep has some categories that Cocoa doesn't have. Has anyone put these into a Cocoa framework to keep Cocoa synchronized with GNUstep? If not, is anyone else interested in something like this?

Yes, I have done so. Last time we (Nicola, Richard, Adam) discussed about this issue, the result was that it's my task now to refine my work. I've ported too much things (deprecated API) which wasn't clearly marked as such at the time of my port. The biggest problem that we didn't solve yet is how we could stay Header compatible. I've probably not found the right words to explain this problem correctly, but anyone coming from OS X and wanting to port GNUstep apps to OS X will sooner or later realize what I'm trying to explain. Anyhow I welcome anybody willing to join in the porting to download and review what I've done already at http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/~znek/GNUstep/.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com