Re: GNUstep apps can't initialise backend

From: Stephen Cornell
Subject: Re: GNUstep apps can't initialise backend
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:24:22 +0100

> The default backend for gui-0.7.5 is xgps, if you want to use xdps, you
> have to do this:
>
> defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSBackend libgnustep-xdps
>
> I wouldn't recommend using xdps though. It hardly works at all (plus you
> need to install DGS or the dps extension as well).

Thanks, that was indeed the problem.  I compiled xgps and it now works.  For
posterity's sake, it may be worth pointing out that, in contradiction to the
GNUstep HOWTO, gcc 2.96 from Red Hat 7.2 can compile GNUstep, and that
moreover egcs can't compile GWorkspace.

--
Stephen Cornell          cornell@zoo.cam.ac.uk         Tel/fax +44-1223-336644
University of Cambridge, Zoology Department, Downing Street, CAMBRIDGE CB2 3EJ